West Hollywood Children’s Academy!
We are accepting applications! Please call at 310-748-1656 or e-mail Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for a tour!
OPEN HOUSE : SUMMER / FALL ENROLLMENT: SATURDAY, MAY 21, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. PLEASE RSVP.
Since 1991 West Hollywood Children’s Academy has been providing extraordinary early childhood educational program for children 2-6 years old. Our center is a place where children, teachers, parents, and community members come together as a family to create a trusted, gentle, nurturing, and safe environment where children can play, learn, laugh, discover, and grow.
Our Preschool and PreK-TK programs nurture the whole child in all areas of development: social, emotional, cognitive, intellectual, and physical.
- We believe that children are born with a sense of wonder. We encourage children to think, reason, question, experiment, makes choices, develop social and practical skills, become independent, and to love learning. To us, your CHILD is a unique individual, equipped with his own plan of development, and his own methods and terms of mastering surroundings.
- We support a hands-on approach to learning for all ages. We provide hands-on experience in language arts, early math, logic and reasoning, science, arts, music, movement, gardening, and cooking. Our STEAM curriculum weaves academic skills into hands-on projects, activities, and games. Our reading program is phonics-based.
- We stress the importance of the life of the child within a group because we believe that society is continuously changing and children need the skills of living in a group to work well with others. We believe in the value of human diversity. We believe all children have the right to feel good about themselves and it is the responsibility of all teachers to nurture the child’s self esteem.
- Children explore the world through thematic units. These themes help children know who they are, appreciate their community, their environment, their history, and the world at large, become well-rounded individuals, and make healthy life choices. Our themes include: learning about feelings, weather and calendar, nutrition, teamwork, gratitude, sharing and giving, modes of transportation, cultural diversity, the environment, insect & animals, life cycles, preschool geography and astronomy, Holidays, and special days in life like graduating from Preschool and Kindergarten. We use project-based approach within the theme to encourage children to express themselves.
- Our enrichment program introduces children to the new experiences and hobbies without the hassle of driving to and from extracurricular lessons! Our enrichment program includes Spanish classes, Mandarin Chinese classes, dance classes, music & singing, theater, zoology program.
- Our educational approach combines the best practices in the field of early childhood development.
We respect and support each family and their diverse backgrounds, beliefs and input. We make sure that your child has everything they need to succeed. Not just strong early childhood educational foundation but an all-inclusive touch. Providing from organic and nutritious meals to blankets at nap time. We are your child’s cozy home away from home.
Our staff have earned an A.A., B.A. or M.A. in child development or related field.
TEACHER-CHILD RATIO: TWOS 1:6, THREES 1:6, PRE-K/TK 1:10
We invite you to learn more about WHCA by calling for a tour today! Come and see what makes our approach to early-childhood education stand out above the rest.
Call us at (310)-748-1656 TO SCHEDULE A TOUR!
WE ALWAYS BEEN CLEAN AND SAFE BUT NOW WE ARE SPARKLING
All Cleaning Materials are EPA Approved
Full-time housekeeping staff member
All our staff members are fully vaccinated
As of 3/11/22 masks are no longer required. Indoor and outdoor masks are optional for children, staff, and parents.
We are still screening children by checking temperatures and performing hand washing drills
**We are operating under guidelines of L.A. Public Health and CDC**
**We adhere to all the rules and regulations of Tittle 22 of the California State Licensing Division.**
but also by the heart."
– B. Pascal